Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fish Oil Supplements Prevent Mental Illness...

Take a look at this article on the benefits of quality fish oils and the damaging and monopolizing position big pharma takes when it comes to our health.


Personally, I believe that there is a place for conventional and holistic medicine. I went through chemotherapy myself and was pumped full of horrible drugs every two weeks for months. I also made some major changes in my diet and lifestyle, and am now cancer-free. Could I have beaten the cancer without the chemo? Maybe. I would even say, probably. In any case, eastern and western medicine can often work together, and there are benefits to both depending on the circumstances. It might be in our best interest to begin to consider what changes in diet, lifestyle and herbal supplementation can do for us before we begin taking drugs that may be putting a band-aid on symptoms, but in many other ways are just hurting us.

My hope and belief is that my cancer will not come back, BUT if it did, before jumping into chemo and/or surgery again, I would do my best to help my body heal naturally. Our bodies are pretty amazing and when given the right tools, such as a healthy diet, they can heal just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment